Re: binutil-2.9 build with cygwin32

Jimen Ching wrote:

> Hi,
>         I'm trying to build binutil-2.9 to target the i960.  I am getting
> stuck on the compile process, i.e. 'gmake all-gas'.  I get the error:
>
> /c: /c File Not Found or Invalid directory.
>
> Or something to that effect.  I can't see anything wrong with the configure
> generated Makefile.  So I think it is bash.exe.  I placed a copy of bash.exe
> in /bin/sh.exe.  I tried the original sh.exe, I basically got the same
> error.  The message was different, but it was still '/c'.
>
> Has anyone run into this '/c' error message?  Where is it coming from?

Yes, I've had the same problem compiling tinyfugue... I got tf 4.0a4 to
compile once under b18, then attempted to compile 4.0a6 under 19.1 and
haven't gotten it to work. It's been a while since the first compile, so
I don't know what, if anything, I'm doing differently, and haven't
gotten around to asking about this problem before.
--
Video games: http://www.classic-games.com/
TW (online game): http://www.classic-games.com/tw.html

-