Re: CygWin32 and Linux

>   vtailor@gte.net
>   Thu, 7 May 1998 05:42:52 -0500 (CDT)
>>   Andrew Lynch (lynchaj@yahoo.com)
>>   Tue, 5 May 1998 07:26:54 -0700 (PDT)
>>
>>What is the relationship, if any, between Linux and the (GNU-Win32)
>>CygWin32 on Windows NT?
>>
>>Is there or should there be a close relationship? Are they strictly
>>separate environments?
>>
>I think if you get some experience at porting apps, you'll come to
>realize that cygwin.dll favors BSD Unix more than Linux Unix.  Probably
>because of the geographic influence.

I should clarify this before I get a run of email responses, which I am
definitely not soliciting.

The cygwin include files favor BSD Unix.  Cygwin.dll is obviously not a
separate operating system, but an emulation layer built on top of
Windows.  Just use the Windows File Explorer, click the right mouse button
on cygwinb19.dll, and click the `Quick View' option to explore the internal
and exportable functions of cygwinb19.dll.

-