Re: bootstrap fails on on cygwin32

On Sun, 17 May 1998, Steven Marcus wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I tried to build egcs1.0.3 on cygwin32 b19.1 (with the latest "russian
> dll") on NT4.
>
> The configure went smoothly - the script recognized cygwin as the
> host. However, after rattling the disk for quite a while the following
> messages were coughed up:
[...]
> Am I trying to do something that is unsupported?

First of all, egcs-1.0.x doesn't support cygwin32 completely, and you need
my patches to get things done right. These are all integrated in the dev
snapshots and will show up in time for egcs-1.1.x. See
  ftp://ftp.xraylith.wisc.edu/pub/khan/gnu-win32/cygwin32/releases/patches/
for the patch archive against 1.0.2 (should work with 1.0.3 just fine).

Secondly, the cygnus hierarchy causes some problems unless you provide the
appropriate --prefix and --exec-prefix args to configure. Your mounts
solve the /bin and /usr, but the includes are probably not mounted
accordingly. I've posted on how to do this before, and a search in the
mailing list archive (http://www.cygnus.com/ml/gnu-win32/) should pull
it up.

Regards,
Mumit