RE: Another newbie onboard...

Thanks Michael for the information.

I have most of it working at this point however I am still struggling with
SSHD.  SSH itself works wonderfully.

Do you ( or anyone on the mailing list ) have an example of a working
sshd_config file?  I have one installed in
/etc that I pulled off another machine but I feel that it may be the source
of my problems.  No matter what I do SSHD tells me that password
authentication has failed... If anyone is interested I can post the output
of sshd -d and the output of ssh -v

	<SNIP>

>Thirdly and a rabbit trail, I have been attempting to get SSH up and
running
>however I never get entering my password before it bombs out; some how I
>feel this is related to the binary mounts thoughà

This is related to non binary mounts and to the CYGWIN32 env var, which
should contain at least "tty" !

>I guess what I really need or desire is to see what a real world running
>install LOOKS like.  I mean the whole nine yards. That way I can have
>something to compare myself to.  Anyone have a sacrificial machine lying
>around they can stick out there and let a few newbies telnet in and look
at?
>This could save me an enormous amount of time asking questions,
>experimenting, etc.

I can send you a bunch of files, but I'm afraid that my setup is way too
complicated for a beginner. My .bashrc only has about 1000 lines :)

>Thanks in Advance for your help,
>
>Troy High
>Thigh@bigfoot.com

Bye.
Michael.
--
Michael Hirmke           | Telefon +49 (911) 557999
Georg-Strobel-Strasse 81 | FAX     +49 (911) 557664
-