Re: Problems with Cygnus and paths (default / path, /tmp, and more) is confusing byacc

Hi Fred,

Thanks very much for your response.  Unfortunately, it didn't help.  I
created the directory path, copied the files, and byacc is still generating
bad files.

Desperate, I removed cygwin32 and reinstalled it as d:\cygnus\b19
(unfortunately, I don't have sufficient space on c:).  This did NOT help,
and I'm still having the problem.

Due to the reinstallation, my mount points now look like this:

    Device           Directory           Type        Flags
    d:\TEMP          /tmp                native      text!=binary
    \\.\tape1:       /dev/st1            native      text!=binary
    \\.\tape0:       /dev/st0            native      text!=binary
    \\.\b:           /dev/fd1            native      text!=binary
    \\.\a:           /dev/fd0            native      text!=binary
    d:               /                   native      text!=binary

Any ideas at all?  This is really bizarre, as I have another system (similar
to the old directory structure, where cygnus is installed in
e:\packages\cygnus\b19), and Cygnus works there!  I really wish I knew why.
Could this have some sort of issue with tmp?  Perhaps the mount point
doesn't work, and it must be hard-coded?  I'm knocking my head against the
wall comparing these two systems, and I just don't see it.  (I don't have a
"tmp" directory on the working system)

FYI: The system that's failing is a "fresh" system.  Two days ago, I
installed NT V4.0 Workstation, NT Service Pack 3, IE V4.01 SP1, VC++ V5.0,
VC++ Service Pack 3, cygnus, and perl.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

    -- Jeff