Re: linking gcc & vc++ object files

David Young <dyoung@vviuh221.vvi.com> wrote:

> In order to get object files generated by gcc to link with object files
> generated by VC++ we have to append a "@n" suffix
 [...]
> QUESTION: What is the "@n" all about?

It's a parameter count (x4) for STDCALL functions. Why x4 I have no
idea...

As per your backsearches in the list, I've sorted this when linking to an
egcs DLL from VC++ by putting EXPORTS entries like:

	Exec=Exec@4

in my DLL .def file. I haven't (yet) found a way of direct linking VC++
DLL entries into my egcs code, but a combination of LoadLibrary() and
calls to ImportProc() does what I need.

HTH,

Pete Jordan ~ Horus Communications Ltd ~ http://www.horus.cix.co.uk/

"As soon as we have defined something, we have ipso facto created
 three things: whatever is included in our definition, whatever is
 not included in our definition, and the relationship between them."
-