Re: OT:RE: CD-based distribution (was Another website....)

Keep in mind that RPM is a package database, not a user interface.  A
GNU-win32 distribution shouldn't require users to invoke 'rpm' at the
command line.  Redhat Linux doesn't, which is based entirely on rpm...

I'd like to see an InstallShield-based installation wrapper which
invokes rpm silently.  The Redhat glint tool may be useful too.  If
python is available under cygwin32 we may be able to port glint
directly.

--
Jeff Sturm
jsturm@sigma6.com