Re: bash "pregnant pauses" revisited (B19 on NT 4.0)

This "tidbit" has been found before as well.  People have reported that
setting the "Startup" directory for the bash shortcut they have to point to
the directory where bash reside helps with these pauses.  Personally, I
still think it has to do with paths, network drives, and the //<drive>
notation being interpreted as UNC names but I could be wrong.  In any case,
explicitly stating the startup directory as a local path has been reported
to help.  This should probably end up in the FAQ if it isn't there already...

RFK Partners, Inc.                      (781) 239-1053
8 Grove Street                          (781) 239-1655 - FAX
Wellesley, MA  02482-7797               http://www.rfk.com