Re: Where to install cygwin...

---ALI RON <ALIR@STELNJ.COM> wrote:
Hi Ali Ron,

> Please tell me what would be the best install location
> for usertools.exe, considering that I have the minimalist
> version of GNAT installed in C:\USR.
> Or would it be best to download the complete cdk.exe,
> and use the default install location?

If you plan to do any development (UNIX style) you will need the
cdk.exe.  As for the location to install, I prefer:

c:/root/bin
c:/root/usr/bin
c:/root/usr/include
c:/root/usr/lib
c:/root/usr/local/bin
c:/root/usr/local/include
c:/root/usr/local/lib

move bash.exe, sh.exe and cygwinb19.dll to c:/root/bin/
move all other cygwin executables to c:/root/usr/bin/
move the cygwin libALL_LIBS.a to c:/root/usr/lib/
move the cygwin headers to c:/root/usr/include/

any non-cygwin related files would go to the appropriate sub-directory
under c:/root/usr/local/ such as your GNAT compiler.

> Thank you very much,
> Ronald Ali		RonAli@WriteMe.com
> Stanford Telecom	1-732-933-4070 x141
> 106 Apple Street	1-732-933-4088 Fax
> Tinton Falls, NJ, 07724
> -
> For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a
message to

==
---o0O0--Earnie--0O0o----
--earnie_boyd@yahoo.com--