RE: I: gcc ... -U_WIN32 ... may cause problems

On Saturday, August 29, 1998 4:23 AM, Michael Weiser
[SMTP:michael@weiser.saale-net.de] wrote:
> Hello Michael, you wrote:
> >Cygwin32 but unix-specific daemon code is compiled instead, for example.  To
> >
> >avoid coding #if defined construct as shown I decided to undefine _WIN32
when

> >compiling in Cygwin32 environment by using a command line of a form "gcc ...
> >
> >-U_WIN32 ...".  Before I did that the application worked fine however as
soon

> Wouldn't it be cleaner and easier to code something like
>
> #if defined __unix__ || defined __CYGWIN32__
> #endif
>
> and
>
> #if defined _WIN32 && !defined __CYGWIN32__
> #endif
>
> around parts of your program that should behave like on unix under
> cygwin? IMHO that wouldn't be more effort than solving your current
> problem and all the others that will arise if something in the headers
> or the cygwin tools gets changed.
> --
Hello Michael,
You are right.   I will, likely, revert to using that form as it may cause more
problems later on, as you rightly point out, to do it yhe way I am currently
doing it :-).
Thanks for replying.