Re: B19: G++ Bug

On Tue, 1 Sep 1998, Volker H. Simonis wrote:

> it's 10 days ago that i submitted nearly the same bug report
> to the mailing list, unfortunately nobody answerd. the subject
> of the mail was : "B19: problem initialising global objects".
> it seems to me that this is not only a problem of correctly
> initialising stdio but a general problem of initialising global
> objects, since it can happen in other objects like for example
> maps too.

fyi, this is not a problem with egcs, but rather has to do with
the cygwin32 DLL (that's why it works for mingw32 and uwin and
other egcs targets).

I just submitted a patch to cygwin32 developers that fixes this.

> i'm using b19 with egcs1.0.2 on NT4.0.
> while porting a program which works fine with egcs1.02 under linux,
> i encountered big problems under cygwin32.
> it seems to me that global objects (such as for example static class
> members)
> don't get initialised properly before program start.

That's not true. The problem is that the order of initialization isn't
correct in the current cygwin DLL, so any dependencies cause problems.

Regards,
Mumit

-