RE: libglut.a : Where can I get it?

I have just today compiled libglut and it works well, apparently, with the
code I was porting. You link to the MS GL libraries, not Mesa.

To build the three libs in the distribution at

http://reality.sgi.com/opengl/glut3/glut3.html

I had to do the following:

1. Create 3 custom Makefiles for cygwin32: for the glut, mui, and gle libs.
The makefiles define and _WIN32, WIN32, and they build the libraries from
different constituent .o files than the unix builds. I made these makefiles
using imake, then modified the constituent files according to the ones in
the Makefile.win files (the makefiles for NMAKE and CL).

2. Modify the file lib/glut/win32_util.c trivially:

Old code :
#if defined(__CYGWIN32__)
typedef MINMAXINFO* LPMINMAXINFO;
#else
#include <sys/timeb.h>
#endif

New code :
#if defined(__CYGWIN32__)
typedef MINMAXINFO* LPMINMAXINFO;
#endif
#include <sys/timeb.h>

I imagine some earlier distribution of cygwin32 did not contain
<sys/timeb.h>? Anyway, I am using b19 and this works for me.

I have put the makefiles, and the libglut.a (for intel), at
ftp://ftp.scoutsys.com/misc/glut-cygwin32

Hugh Winkler
Scout Systems, Inc.

-