Re: make calls 'time' program bug

Hi Jeff,

     Just a suggestion -- you might want to make sure that you have an
environment
variable called MAKE_MODE, and that its value is unix.  I.e.,

   SET MAKE_MODE=unix

Also, make sure that C:\Cygnus\B19\H-i386-cygwin32\bin is the first directory
in your PATH.  (You may need to adjust for the drive and place you installed
the Cygwin32 stuff, but that's the place if you go with the defaults).

Jeff Deifik wrote:

> I have a makefile that calls the time command.
> for example:
> time my_program
>
> The way it used to work with an early copy of beta-19 was to
> time how long it took to run my_program.
>
> I have now downloaded the latest coolview, and uname -a reports:
> WEASEL_IN_A_BOX:/d/j/util/test:510: uname -a
> CYGWIN32_NT WEASEL_IN_A_BOX 4.0 19.3 i586 unknown
>
> Now when I execute my makefile I get the following:
>  (note sim is the real name of the program that I want to time,
>   and WEASEL_IN_A_BOX is the name of my machine.)
>
> WEASEL_IN_A_BOX:/d/j/util/test:513: make test_simx
> rm -f simx*.out simx*.log
> time //d/j/bin/sim -g -p -m=90 simx0.in simx0.out simx0.log
> The system cannot accept the time entered.
> Enter the new time:
>
> I would assume that the time command being run is the windows-nt version,
> which tries to modify the system time, which isn't the unix-like time
> command.
>
> When I run the command line from bash, it times the command my_program.
>
> How do I fix this behavior?
>
> I have copied sh.exe to /usr . All my files are mounted in binary-mode.
>
>         Thanks in advance,
>         Jeff Deifik
>         jdeifik@weasel.com
>
> -

|  The way to be happy is to be good.    |

-