Re: Running SSH on Cygwin

Ben Elliston wrote the following:

> I'm using Cygwin B19 and the SSH binaries from Sergey's web page.
>
> Once I start "ssh1", I get the prompt for my passphrase, so I enter it and
> then the shell hangs.
>
> If I set "CYGWIN32=tty" as the docs suggest, I get "Cannot find a
> controlling terminal or DISPLAY".

I've been playing with this for a while now.  The only way I could get this
to work is by running ssh from an rxvt.  YMMV.

While I'm on the subject...  sshd works nicely, with the exception that
when starting it as a service (instructions taken from Sergey's web page
about inetd) from the Control Panel/Services thingie, NT claims that the
service could not be started, when it is actually running fine.

Any NT gurus out there have any idea what is going on?

+============ 24 68 BF F6 0E 73 53 47 80 E9 27 7D F9 35 58 4B ============+
 Neil Bright              ncb@cc.gatech.edu            IHPCL administrator
 (404) 385-0448                                       College of Computing
 http://www.cc.gatech.edu/projects/ihpcl   Georgia Institute of Technology
-