Re: gcc produces foo.exe, not foo

On Wed, Sep 23, 1998 at 12:34:34AM +0200, Arne Glenstrup wrote:
[...]
> is not a full solution, because that is not portable. Is it necessary to
> write some autoconf stuff to check what the extension of the executable
> resulting from calling gcc is?

Autoconf is one way to handle it.  We have added an EXEEXT variable
that's set by the configure process to .exe under Windows and blank
otherwise.

In the upcoming (?) new release of autoconf, there will be an
AC_EXEEXT macro you can call to accomplish this.  Then you would set
EXEEXT = @EXEEXT@ in your Makefile.in and add $(EXEEXT)'s in the
appropriate places.

In b19 comp tools directories, look for AM_EXEEXT which is a similar
local addition.  The corresponding code would be in aclocal.m4 files.

--
Geoffrey Noer
noer@cygnus.com