Antwort: assembler

Poor guy :-)

That (in my opinion) is the biggest drawback to GNU-C-Compilers such as
EGCS, DJGPP, GCC, all of them! They don't support the intel
assembler syntax, but the AT&T syntax, which is quite different - I think
for a mov ax, bx, you have to write %movw %bx$, %ax$ or something like that
-
veeeery inconvenient. and absolutely horrible to write, because the source
and destination operators to each instruction have been swapped, and you
have to type more $%&?'s than a squirrel running over your keyboard could
ever produce in two passes.

 I suggest that you get yourself the Netwide Assembler, it has some nice
extra features (macros, local labels - you'll love them, and mmx/fpu
instructions).

Get it at

http://www.web-sites.co.uk/nasm

(http://www.web-sites.co.uk/nasm/ver.html)