Re: Announcing Cygwin B20!

Geoffrey Noer <noer@cygnus.com> writes:

>    Tcl/tk are upgraded to version 8.1a2 (with additional patches).
> Compatible versions of tix and itcl are included.  These all include
> Cygwin-compatible configury files so you can do a Unix-style build of
> the Win32 ports of tcl/tk.

>From what I see in the b20 source distribution, tcl and tk are both at
8.0p2 + Cygnus patches (see {tcl,tk}/generic/{tcl,tk}.h). That's a
decision I very much support, even if some of the win32 patches from
8.1a2 were not backported onto 8.0p2. One example of that is the by
now infamous fileevent bug that is fixed in the 8.1 tree.

Is the binary version different than the source then, or just a typo
in the release notes?

Regards,
Mumit

-