Re: bug in cp: Permission denied

Actually, that doesn't make much sense.  COM1, LPT1, AUX, and their
brethren  operate with different DOS semantics than drive letters.  This
is evidenced by the fact that in any DOS command prompt,

	C:\> COPY FOO.TXT A
		and
	C:\> COPY FOO.TXT A:
		are different, but

	C:\> COPY FOO.TXT AUX
		and
	C:\> COPY FOO.TXT AUX:
		are identical.

Earnie Boyd wrote:

> b is a device under Win32.  The FAQ states that files named similar to
> a MSDOS device will give you problems.  Actually, I'm surprised that
> you didn't get an error with a also.
>
> ---John Wiersba <John.Wiersba@medstat.com> wrote:
> >
> > What's up with this?
> >
> > touch a
> > cp -p a b
> > cp: b: Permission denied
> >
> > The copy actually works, and the timestamp is copied, but not the
> > permissions.
> >
> > I'm running b19 with coolview on NT with everything binary-mounted.
> >
> > John Wiersba (john.wiersba@medstat.com)
> > -
> > For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a
> message to
> > "gnu-win32-request@cygnus.com" with one line of text: "help".
> >

> ==

  __