Re: Is Cygwin B20 OK ? Or patched soon ?

 lro> Hi, Reading at the list these days, I have seen quite a few
 lro> posts about bugs in the B20 Release.

 lro> Are all these bugs quite serious ?

They are bad enough to make B20 completely unusable, at least for us.

I have seen most of the reported problems.  "configure" scripts are
hit particularly hard; they tend to wedge, and when they finish, they
tend to leave everything in config.h undefined.  This happens both
with bash and with ash as /bin/sh.exe.

Also, I can lock up my entire box just trying to use a pipe; "ls -l |
head" often does it.

 lro> Or just configuration problems ?

I am using Windows 98 with all of Microsoft's "recommended" updates.
People have reported the same issues running various versions of NT
(especially SP4).

 lro> Is a patch (or a new release) planed ?

Good question.

 lro> I haven't seen anything from Geoffrey Noer. Is there an
 lro> "official cygnus point of view" about this ?

Another good question.

 - Pat
-