Re: Major Majordomo Problem

The gnu-win32 mailing list delivers messages about 2-3 days after they are sent,
which I have never seen from any other mailing list (in about 10 years of
subscribing to and maintaining mailing lists).  If it were a moderated list, and
we were waiting for a moderator to peruse each message before forwarding it, I
could understand it.

However, this mailing list is unique in that messages seem to be cached for
several days on a Cygnus computer before being forwarded out in batches.

For example, the attached message from Christopher Faylor was sent Sunday at
7:00pm, but was not forwarded out of Cygnus' domain until Tuesday at 3:30pm,
after which it immediately appeared in my mailbox. Somewhere along the line it
got a timestamp of Monday.  Why is this?

--Andrew Mickish