Re: Totally confused while installing CygWin under NT.

Hi Wolfgang,

[...]
>WE use a German installation of NT 4.0 and I tried to run 'full.exe' as

I also have a German NT4 SP3 Server here ...

>an unprivileged user and as a user not named 'Administrator', but with

... and have an admin account, which is not named "Administrator", ...

>administrative privileges. Each time I unpacked into a non-existent
>path, which was then created by the installation program. In all

... I also installed to a non existing directory, ...

>situation the following happened:
>
>  1) I entered the temporary path.
>  2) I confirmed to create the path.
>  3) 'full.exe' unpacks it into the path.
>  4) I get a requester telling me, that the InstallWizard will be
>set         up.

... everything till topic 4 happened here, too, ...

>  5) I get an empty dialog iwth an 'OK' buttton.

... but this didn't happen. Instead Cygnus CDK installed happily into
the directory, I had entered.

[...]
>language confused the installation program ?(Why the hell an empty
>dialog ?) Many questions and no running installtion. I'd be kind if some

Sorry, no idea 8-/
What I have seen, though - a few setup programs don't want to run, if
Outlook 98 is running.

>body can could cure my confusion, so I can really strrt programming
>again.
>
>  Thanks,
>
>     Wolfgang Glas

Bye.
Michael.
--
Michael Hirmke           | Telefon +49 (911) 557999
Georg-Strobel-Strasse 81 | FAX     +49 (911) 557664
-