ls -t not working

On some configure scripts my build environment is reported as not being sane
as newly created files are older than existing ones as reported by ls -Lt.
I checked my alias for ls, which just added colour listings, and renamed it
in case it was causing problems but configure scripts still do not work.

any ideas on what to do next?

system: nt4 sp3 ntfs b20.1 latest coolview

thanks,

Colman Curtin	Software Team Leader
*Trintech - The Secure Way to Pay*
Trintech Technologies Ltd,