Re: Can outsiders get simple questions answered?

In article <36811DB6.3601515A.cygnus.gnu-win32@sdrc.com>,
Dan Hensley <dan.hensley@sdrc.com> wrote:
>Corinna,
>    I'll need to try this again to confirm, but I think this only works in
>notty mode.  Somewhere along the line I tried this, but as I recall it didn't
>work...

I would be very surprised if ttys had anything to do with this.  There
is no correspondence at all between "com1" and cygwin ttys.  They are
two completely different things.

Corrinna's advice should be right on.

There are some bugs with cygwin's handling of serial ports however.
Specifically setting VMIN, VMAX, and ICANON do not work 100% reliably.
This will be fixed in the next release.

-chris

--
cgf@cygnus.com