"specs" related problems

Hi everybody.

I have three questions about the "specs" file.  Thanks in advance for any help.

   I.)
At 09:46 23/12/98 -0500, Larry Hall <lhall@rfk> wrote [in part]:

> Use CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH for g++.

Ok.  Thanks a lot, Larry.  Now I have set BOTH!!! "C_INCLUDE_PATH" and
"CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH" environment variables to "/usr/local/include", and so
both gcc and g++ find my include files from "/usr/local/include".  But the
question is: can (and how) one do it via "specs" file???  (Just to avoid
setting this additional environment variables.)  I have tried to play a bit
with the "specs" file, but I can't figure it out.

   II.)
At 00:54 23/12/98 -0600, Mumit Khan <khan@xraylith.wisc.EDU> wrote [in part]:

> You can pick up libstdc++.a and libiberty.a from:
>    ftp://ftp.xraylith.wisc.edu/pub/khan/gnu-win32/cygb20/egcs-1.1/
> look for mingw-libs.tar.gz. Put these in some directory and you can
> use -L/path/to/mingw/libs

Ok.  Thanks a lot, Mumit.  Though, I have had to get more that just
"mingw-libs.tar.gz", since I use, for example, math functions, and so I link
with "-lm" and I need the "libm.a".  So, I downloaded the whole binary
distribution of mingw, took all the "lib*.a" files from it, and put them in
the directory "/usr/local/libmingw". Now compiling/linking with
"-mno-cygwin -L/usr/local/libmingw"
works fine for me.

> or modify specs to include this in the library search path whenever
> mno-cygwin is specified.

Ok, this whould be surely a much better (even I'd say the best) solution,
but HOW???  I have tried to play a bit with the "specs" file, but I can't
figure it out.

   III.)
And finally a genreal guestion.  What is the general syntax, possible
options, possible values, etc. for the "specs file???  Is this documented
somewhere???
I have searched in FAQ and in the UserGuide, but there is nothing:-((.

Once again, thanks in advance for any help; merry xmas and happy new year to
everybody.

Serguei.
Serguei DACHIAN
Laboratoire de Statistique et Processus,
Universite du Maine, Av. Olivier Messiaen
72085 Le Mans CEDEX 9, FRANCE
Tel.   : +33 (0)2 43 83 37 18
Fax.   : +33 (0)2 43 83 35 79
E-mail : Serguei.Dachian@univ-lemans.fr