Re: b20.1 gdb source configure problem: missing wctype()

N8TM@aol.com writes>

> I've been attempting to rebuild b20.1 on W95, in hopes of tracking down the
> crashes in make.exe and expect.exe.  I replaced make.exe temporarily with a
> copy of make-3.77 build under B19.

I tried that but it did not seem to help any.

>  The configuration in gdb expects a function wctype() to be supplied, which
> doesn't appear to exist anywhere.  Forcing the selection of the 3rd
> conditional block of code, which doesn't use __wctype() or wctype() appears to
> permit the build to continue.  Is there a better solution?

I don't know if there is a better solution but your solution happened
transparently for me through the configure process. 'gdb' seems to
work OK. The 'gdb' supplied with B20.1 seems to work OK also.

-glenn

--
            Glenn Spell <glenn@gs.fay.nc.us>
         Fayetteville, North Carolina, U. S. A.