[B20.1] MB_CUR_MAX broken?

I'm trying to build X11R6.4 from sources plus Sergey's patches.  It appears
that there is something broken with the macro MB_CUR_MAX defined in
stdlib.h.  MB_CUR_MAX is defined as __mb_cur_max.  During linking, I get
unresolved references to __mb_cur_max.  Can anyone offer a suggestion?  I
can hack the define to be something hardcoded (such as 2), but that does
not then handle different codepages as it should.

Thanks,
Craig

Craig Setera
AS/400 Enterprise Java Development