Re: multithread programming

Hi Alex,

> i wanted to learn how to code multithread programms
> so i read a tutorial at
> http://www.mit.edu:8001/people/proven/pthreads_man.html
> and i looked for #include <pthread.h> and i didn't find it in cygwin B19
>
> how can i make POSIX compliant multithread programms with cygwin ?

unfortunatly Cygwin b19 (and b20) are _not_ multithread safe. Therefore the
posix thread pthread package from MIT won't work.

That's at least what core developers have told me on that issue.

Regards,
Stipe

--
Stipe Tolj <tolj@uni-duesseldorf.de>

Cygwin Porting Project -- "We build UNIX on top of Windows"
http://www.student.uni-koeln.de/cygwin/

Department of Economical Computer Science
University of Cologne, Germany

-