Re: make and .exe targets (more info)

THANKS!!!,  this gave me the clue I needed.

My userid on NT has administrator priviledges (UID 544).  I found a post which
indicated that if I belong to the administrator group, all files belong to 544.
When I created files the permissions were rwxr-xr-x 544 everybody.  But since my
UID was not 544 I could not write to the file.

When I used a different userid, I was able to compile successfully.

If this was more clearly documented, I could not find it.

Thanks everyone who helped!!!

John Fortin