where to set CYGWIN=tty

I have a couple of questions about cygwin B20.1

1.
I have recently upgraded to B20.1 and would like to know where to set the CYGWIN
env variable. When I ran check_cygwin_setup.sh script, it said that this env
variable could not be set inside bash. I have tried  adding "set CYGWIN=tty" in
my .bash_profile as well autoexec.bat and even after rebooting,
echo $CYGWIN
doesnt show anything. Can anyone tell me which is the best place to set the
CYGWIN env variable?

2.
I used to run rxvt in B20 by changing the cygnus.bat file and the rxvt
executable I have seems to give errors under B20.1. I would appreciate if anyone
would let me know where to pick the latest rxvt executable.

regards
murli