using core files.

When a Cygwin program aborts, it generate a core file.

On UNIX I'm used to passing the core file as an argument to GDB
along with hte name of the executable.

The Cygwin version (B20.1) of gdb issues te message:

	GDB can't read core files on this machine.

1. What use can i make of core files for debugging?

2. When i run my program under the gdb and run without breakpoints,
   it runs fine.  if i single step (s) after it tries to output to
   cerr, i get an access error:

	Cannot access memory at address 0x2000000.

   I am then informed that I'm in function _size_of_stack_reserve__
   whic it appears to think is at addrtess 0x2000000.

   Does anyone have any suggestions?

So far, I haven't trried to download source so i don't have a debug
version of cygwin1.dll.

Paul Blattner