Re: Windows GUI info?

>I'd appreciate it very much if someone could point this clueless
>newbee to a good resources on windows programming.

Basic C based APIs are probably best to start with, particularly with Cygwin.
You may want to check out "Programming Windows 95" by C.Petzold and P.Yao, I
think there's a fairly recent edition, either way it's published by Microsoft
Press.

There is, I think, info in the faq on how to generate non-posix executables ...
the 'mingw32' variant.

Regards,
-Ted