Re: Here documents in ash shell scripts mess up stdin on 9x

You must be looking at different sources than I am.
this is from
FTP directory /pub/sourceware.cygnus.com/cygwin/cygwin-b19/ at go.cygnus.com
a fresh download/untar

Mikey:/c/tmp/ash-linux-0.2$ grep -n SHINIT *
main.c:159:     } else if ((sflag || minusc) && (shinit = getenv("SHINIT")) != N
ULL) {
sh.1:159:If the environment variable SHINIT is set on entry to the shell,
sh.1:160:the commands in SHINIT are normally parsed and executed.  SHINIT is
Mikey:/c/tmp/ash-linux-0.2$

CVS
CVS/Entries
CVS/Repository
LINUX.DIFFS
Makefile
README.Linux
TOUR
b.c
bltin
bltin/CVS
bltin/CVS/Entries
bltin/CVS/Repository
bltin/bltin.h
bltin/echo.1
bltin/echo.c
bltin/test.c
builtins
cd.c
dirent.c
errmsg.c
errmsg.h
error.c
error.h
eval.c
eval.h
exec.c
exec.h
expand.c
expand.h
funcs
funcs/CVS
funcs/CVS/Entries
funcs/CVS/Repository
funcs/cmv
funcs/dirs
funcs/kill
funcs/login
funcs/newgrp
funcs/popd
funcs/pushd
funcs/suspend
init.h
input.c
input.h
jobs.c
jobs.h
machdep.h
mail.c
mail.h
main.c
main.h
memalloc.c
memalloc.h
miscbltin.c
mkbuiltins
mkinit.c
mknodes.c
mksyntax.c
mktokens
mt
mystring.c
mystring.h
nodes.c.pat
nodetypes
options.c
options.h
output.c
output.h
parser.c
parser.h
redir.c
redir.h
sh.1
shell.h
show.c
trap.c
trap.h
var.c
var.h

and this is what I get in .../src/ash

ChangeLog.Cygnus
Makefile.cygwin32
Makefile.debian
TOUR
aclocal.m4
alias.c
alias.h
arith.c
arith.h
arith.y
arith_lex.c
arith_lex.l
bltin
bltin/bltin.h
bltin/echo.1
bltin/echo.c
bltin/test.c
builtins.c
builtins.def
builtins.h
cd.c
cd.h
configure
configure.in
debian
debian/README.debian
debian/changelog
debian/control
debian/copyright
debian/dirs
debian/rules
error.c
error.h
eval.c
eval.h
exec.c
exec.h
expand.c
expand.h
funcs
funcs/cmv
funcs/dirs
funcs/kill
funcs/login
funcs/newgrp
funcs/popd
funcs/pushd
funcs/suspend
histedit.c
init.c
init.h
input.c
input.h
jobs.c
jobs.h
machdep.h
mail.c
mail.h
main.c
main.h
memalloc.c
memalloc.h
miscbltin.c
miscbltin.h
mkbuiltins
mkinit.c
mknodes.c
mksignames.c
mksyntax.c
mktokens
myhistedit.h
mystring.c
mystring.h
nodes.c
nodes.h
nodetypes
options.c
options.h
output.c
output.h
parser.c
parser.h
redir.c
redir.h
setmode.c
sh.1
shell.h
show.c
show.h
signames.h
syntax.c
syntax.h
token.h
trap.c
trap.h
var.c
var.h
y.tab.h

where did the files arith.c arith.h arith_lex.c arith.y arith.l come from?
what would you call them if not command line math
functions?
Or possibly arithmetic substitution functions?
Regardless what are they doing in a shell
that is there strictly for speed in configure/compile?

And what does any of this have to do with the BUG
that I pointed out in the first place?