Re: B20: make confused with //a style drive specifiers

 > You need to read the FAQ concerning the environment variable MAKE_MODE.

I don't see how MAKE_MODE is relevant. The FAQ describes it as being
related to escaping and nothing to do with drive specifiers. Further,
unsetting MAKE_MODE to have make default to Win32 mode makes no difference.

If you tried this example yourself and had the error go away, please
indicate exactly what you set MAKE_MODE to. The FAQ only describes it as
being able to be set to UNIX. I tried WIN32 and Win32 as values even though
the FAQ doesn't say these are valid and even though they don't appear as
strings in the binary. As I said above I also unset MAKE_MODE so it didn't
appear in the environment which the FAQ indicates should result in Win32
mode being used. I have run out of options, neither UNIX or Win32 modes
works for me. Is there some other mode which you have somehow enabled that
I am missing?

--
Graham Dumpleton (grahamd@nms.otc.com.au)