Re: B20.1/EGCS1.1.1: undefineds with -frepo

Graham Dumpleton <Graham.Dumpleton@ra.pad.otc.com.au> writes:
> Solaris as well. When I got a small test program together to show the
> problem in Cygnus GNUPro, I found it also showed a problem in EGCS 1.1.1
> although the set of undefined symbols was actually quite different which
> was quite amusing. The good thing was I could send the same test program to
> this mailing list and Cygnus which saved me a bit of work, although I think
> this may only be the start of the problems I find. :-(

There is an unfortunate bug in collect2 (which handles -frepo) in all
Cygwin egcs versions. I've fixed this in the development tree very
recently and will bring that over when egcs-1.1.2 comes out.

The reason I never caught this until recently is because I always use a
cross compiler, and my host collect2 works just fine.

Thanks for the great test case as always.

Regards,
Mumit

ps: Graham, I'll respond to your message as soon as I get some time. I've
managed to build OSE using a cross-compiler (very easy thanks to the
instructions), but don't know how to actually use makeit to actually cross
build an application. Simply way?