Re: Fw: Be the competition

I'd just ask for everbody's patience in this matter.

As I indicated before, we will be removing the gnu-win32 forwarding soon.
Then we'll be able to use some more sophisticated filtering techniques.

One of the problems right now is that the volunteer here at Cygnus who
has been instrumental in the mailing list changeover has been very busy
with other projects.  I'm very grateful that he's had time to deal with
the issues of this mailing list as well as the EGCS mailing list.

Also, just one observation: When you respond to spam and quote the whole
message you're actually contributing to the problem.  The reality is
that the spam is only one very annoying message.  The other reality is
that every time there is a spam to the cygwin mailing list it is
followed by a flurry of off-topic messages discussing it and speculating
on what should be done.

Personally, I find this almost as annoying as the spam itself.

I have no problem if you want to send me mail complaining about spam but
I don't see any reason to drag the cygwin mailing list into it.  I've told
everyone what we're going to do.  I know that it is hard to see this crap
in your mailbox after you may have designed a great spam filter to block
it.  We will be taking some steps to stop this soon, day job permitting.

-chris