Fw:To Be Competitive

For SPAMERS:

Their Response to Our Invoices

 This letter we received through snail-mail had no title, letterhead, etc. Just a plain piece of white paper, stamped at the bottom with their address. Oh, and we sent them an invoice, not an e-mail message.

``We were disappointed to receive your e-mail, we are trying to be responsive to others who raise legitimate and reasonable questions and concerns with respect to bulk mail advertising. We have promptly and responsibly deleted from our e-mail lists the names of anyone who has told us not to send any further e-mail messages. Interestingly, we find that some of the very parties who complain most vociferously about bulk mailing on the Internet are engaging in the very same practices in the same and/or other media. For example, some services that publicly object to mass marketing techniques regularly include solicited ``offers" on the first screens that they provide to their own subscribers, and some regularly mail unsolicited subscription disks to third parties. We suggest that the hypocrisy of selective criticism of mass marketing should finally be brought to an end. We should work together to try to diminish the perceived problems associated with all types of mass marketing, rather th

an to single out some innovative types of mass marketing unfairly.

We are willing to listen to legitimate and constructive suggestions, from whatever source, as to how mass marketing can be best accomplished on the Internet without provoking unreasonable, negative or even unlawful reactions. In that regard, we hope that we can work together with others, including our critics, to try to reach a mutually acceptable understanding with respect ot methods of mass advertising and agreement perhaps on voluntary and uniform limitations on some more offensive techniques of mass advertising.

If you are interested in constructive dialogue rather than in making unlawful threats, we urge you to provide us with your thoughts. It would be most helpful for us if you could detail for us any documented instances where you believe our mass mailings have caused any loss of revenue or other arguable harm to you or to your company. That will help us to better evaluate and perhaps even adjust the methods by which our marketing will be carried out. We look forward to constructive responses from all those who want to be part of a reasonable, compromise solution."

[Scribble Scribble] (signature)

``Over The Air Equipment, Inc.
2054 E. Desert Inn Rd. Ste. C
Las Vegas, NV  89109"