upgrade problems (FAQ's?), updatedb, man, man pages...

A few problems with an upgrade to 2.02,

1)  When I run updatedb, I get an error that it doesn't like the file
"pagefile.sys" (who would!),
and after a long while,  "empty database not created"

2) "nice updatedb" says
  "nice: updatedb: No such file or directory"

3) I installed all the man pages, but no "man" command?

4) I am surprised that the man.1 pages are all in nroff;
   but no nroff is a part of the standard distribution. How about .hlp or
.html  or .rtf as a more portable and modern format?

Thanks,

Gregory Guthrie
Dr. Gregory Guthrie
guthrie@mum.edu         (515)472-1125    Fax: -1103
       Computer Science Department
       College of Science and Technology
       Maharishi University of Management
      (Maharishi International University 1971-1995)
        http://www.mum.edu/csdept