Re: Handling CTRL_LOGOFF_EVENT

Sergey Okhapkin wrote:
> CTRL_LOGOFF_EVENT is sent to every running application including services.

Yes, but does it terminate your process if you return FALSE in your handler?  I
don't think so.

I did a quick test using my modified cygwin1.dll.  I created a simple program
that does nothing but write log messages to a file, and installed it as a
service using the NT Resource Kit's SRVANY.EXE tool.  Even though my modified
event handler returns FALSE, my test service survived through logging out and
back in again.

Perhaps my test was invalid.  If so, I'd be happy to hear about it.  (I still
don't think the signal handling in exceptions.cc is quite right; it appears to
not give programs a chance to handle the CTRL_CLOSE_EVENT or
CTRL_SHUTDOWN_EVENT before Windows kills the process off.)

--Curtis