Re: newbie question

Pierre, and others,

There must be something I am missing. I have tried the following: "set
bell-style none" in a .inputrc file in both the $HOME and / directories.
Upon logging in again, the bell persists.

I have also tried using 'source' on the .inputrc file, and typing the set
command to the shell directly. Also, I have replaced "none" above with
"visible". No luck.

I am sorry to waste bandwidth, but the damn bell is still there! Any ideas?

thanks,
Michael

ps. My $HOME directory is on the D: drive, in case that is relevant. I have
mounted it to /d