Re: setmode (long)

At 12:09 PM 2/25/99 -0800, E. Robert Tisdale wrote:
Robert,

As I said, at least on my machine, od -c shows all lines of test.out ending with \r \n. Now when I modify your program end remove the third setmode, which switches back to TEXT, then all lines appear in binary mode!
Here is a possible explanation: your program is not flushing the buffer and the "effective" mode is the last one, at the time data is moved to disk.
stdout is flushed more often, that's why it works.

Pierre