Re: Compiled executable differences between 9x and NT

"Jonathan Pryor" <jonpryor@vt.edu> writes:
> A tarball of the source is available at:
>
> http://www.acm.vt.edu/~jonpryor/Projects/gecl.tgz
>
> Readme.txt (in the tarball) includes directions on
> compiling the program, as well as descriptions of
> the observed crash under 95.

Jonathan,

I tried out your code (nice work by the way!) on a W95 laptop and I can't
get it to crash. The specific version listed is 4.00.950a.

  - cygwin b20.1 + egcs-1.1: Ok
  - cygwin b20.1 + egcs-1.1.1: Ok
  - mingw32 + egcs-1.1.1: Ok
  - mingw32 + egcs-1.1.1 (using Cygwin gcc with -mno-cygwin): Ok.

Perhaps it's the particular version of Win'95 I'm running that makes it
work? If I remember correctly, I installed SP1 (or whatever it's called)
on top on the original W95 that this laptop came with.

Regards,
Mumit