Re: Compiled executable differences between 9x and NT

I suppose I wasn't too clear in my original message.
It was the *application* that was crashing; not Windows.
Granted, it caused a blue-screen in Win95 (which never
gives me a good feeling), but the system was still
running after the fact (Win95 hadn't frozen).
Thus, you're seeing what I was seeing.

So, it looks like I somehow stumbled across an
incompatibility in Win95B that didn't exist before.
Anybody have a later version (OSR2, OSR2.5, Win98, etc.)
to test?  Maybe it's only Win95B that bombs...which would
still be odd, and I'm not sure how it could be solved.
But it would certainly help my curiosity...

As for the download issue...  I hadn't run into that before.
Is "application/zip" close-enough for a tarball?  e.g.

(I didn't see anything referencing "tar" in the IANA database,
but I saw "application/zip", which seems to fit...)
Hopefully, this should fix the mime type problem -- if you're
accessing from an html page, anyway.  I'm not sure how to set
the mime-type on a file when _directly_ accessing the file,
instead of through an href.  Thoughts?

Thanks,
 - Jon