Re: Again about physical disks.

An ext2 driver has already been written
and compiled for win9x.

The code is in fsdext2.zip and fsdext2_src.zip,
and is (I believe) all 32 bit.
don't remember the URL offhand, but you can archie for them.
vxd's are 32 bit aren't they? at least he compiles
the whole thing with cl.exe so it must be.

Now the only thing you need to do is figure out
how to compile a vxd using cygwin tools, because
all of the cygwin functions work fine with the ext2
mounted disks. I have been using them for a long time.
mount -b I:/man /usr/man;mount -b I:/info /usr/info ;^)

he didn't do it with cygwin, but the code itself is done
and works fine.

writing 16 bit code works fine(in assembler),
except that you can't
reference memory, I think the only way is for
all variables to be on the stack. see gas info.