Re: geteuid() / -mno-cygwin

On Mon, 5 Apr 1999, Igor Sheyn wrote:

> I'm trying to compile ( with -mno-cygwin flag ) a program, which contains,
> among others, geteuid() call.  I'm getting an error, however, that symbol
> geteuid is not found.  It works fine without -mno-cygwin flag.
>
> Is it normal behavior?  Is there something I can do to make it work with
> -mno-cygwin?

If the link step complains, then it's not implemented by MS runtime. This
is especially true for non-ANSI functions such as getuid. Remember that MS
runtime is NOT POSIX.

You'll need to write these for win32 if you have to have them. I believe
Perl sources have some of these, so you may want to look there first.

Regards,
Mumit