Re: rxvt win32 port updated

"$Bill Luebkert" wrote:

> 3) There is an annoying console window that comes up and stays for the duration
>    of xterm.  I can live with this if I have to, but is there a way to dump it?
>    tcsh commands are being put into the console title as they are executed.

Two ways:

    (1) recompile rxvt according to the instructions, but during the re-link step,
use -Wl,-subsystem,windows in addition to -lgdi32 -luser32
        I've tried this, it works as well as the distributed binary -- but see my

    (2) use run to launch rxvt -- it will hide that console window. You can get
run from ftp://belgarion.resnet.gatech.edu/pub/cygwin/b20/run/run-1.1.4.tar.gz.
Just rename the run.exe to runrxvt.exe, make sure that rxvt.exe is in your path,
and launch runrxvt instead. It will find rxvt and start it with no console window.

--Chuck