Precompiled Headers w/ Apple's cpp?

The link below leads to documentation on Apple's version of the GNU
cpp (C preprocessor) which allows precompiled headers for C and
Objective C. At least I think it does, and I would assume the source
is available as part of Apple's recently released Darwin sources. Does
anyone happen to know if this is in fact correct, and if so wouldn't it
be a good idea if we could all use precompiled headers?

http://developer.apple.com/techpubs/macosxserver/System/Documentation/Developer/YellowBox/Reference/DevTools/Preprocessor/PreprocessorTOC.html

-- Tim Baker