Re: No X windows :-(

Peter Stadel wrote:

> I have downloaded and installed both the b20.1 release and x11r6.4 but i
> cant seem to get an xserver running.  Could anyone point me towards a
> detailed set of install instructions for installing under winnt 4.0 ?
>
> peace
> peter

Ummm....cygwin does not include an X-server. Neither do any of the X11
*client* library distributions. You need to get an Xserver from somewhere
else -- there are two free versions available for PC's: XWin-32
(http://www.starnet.com/) and MiX
(http://www.microimages.com/freestuf/mix/). MiX is unrestricted, while
XWin-32 is a demo version - it times out after 2 hours, but you can restart
another 2hour session immediately. I use XWin-32.

--Chuck