Re: HELP! - Please

> Thanks for the response.  I will try your suggestion.
> I must admit I find the "mount" behavior confusing to
> say the least.  I have tried in the past to set up
> different trees for C: - one with default DOS file
> handling, the other with UNIX behavior (see below).
> It is baffling to me how cygwin decides which tree
> you're in.  But that's another issue.

In mail archive you may find a lot of messages
relating to the mount issue.
Bsically, cygwin follows UNIX style.

> I have installed cygwin on D: because
> my company retains control of what goes on the C:
> drives of our PC's.  I will be happy to use whatever
> mount scheme works for cygwin installed on D:
>
> bash$ mount
> Device           Directory           Type        Flags
> C:               /                   native      text!=binary
> bash$ cd /WINNT/system32
> bash$ pwd
> /WINNT/system32
> bash$ mount -b c: /cb
> Warning: /cb does not exist!

Are you trying to mount C: on "cb" ithout creating a cb
directory?

If so this will fail under UNIX too.

I have Cygwin installed on D:\ drive and have no problems with
mount.

I mount C: on /
and d: on /d

I had all text mount no binaries (-b).