What are the solutions to the "vfork" and "install-sh" problems?

I just downloaded Cygwin B20.1 (full.exe and the development source). I put
the development source into /cygnus/cygwin-b20/src, ran "configure" (which
ran successfully), and then ran "make". I have two problems with Make. The
first is that I get the "vfork: no more processes" problem, and the second
is that when Make is almost completed, I get the following error:

configure: error: can not find install-sh or install.sh in .. ./..
make: *** [configure-target-newlib] Error 1

Now, I know both of these issues have been discussed on the mailing list,
but I could find no solution proposed for the second, and the solutions (the
patch) for the first did not work.

Have these problems been solved, and if so, what are the solutions?

I did see mention of installing the "Jan 15 snapshot", but after downloading
these files, I wasn't sure what to do with them. Do I just dump them in
their respective directories?

My environment is: Pentium running Win95, building a native compiler, with
B20 + the B20.1 patch.

Thanks for any help that can be offered.

Kris Kauper
Chiplogic, Inc.
email: kris_kauper@bigfoot.com
phone: 510-668-4850 x260