Re: DLL's and templates

On Thu, 6 May 1999, Schaible, Joerg wrote:

> Hello,
>
> currently I am trying to link my own first DLL (Mumits samples worked quite
> well), but I got unresolved externals for the vtable of all template classes
> used within my DLL. Typically following code:

There are quite a few hacks that MSVC uses to get C++ code to live well in
DLLs (ok, some of these are rules, but the rest are truly hacks!), and GNU
C++ compiler has yet to incorporate some of these. Examples include vtable
emission rules.

btw, unless you provide correct and complete code that shows the problem,
I typically just ignore it. Feel free to send me minimal code, preferably
tar-gz'd/zipped, that shows the problem.

Regards,
Mumit